Monday, December 8, 2008

The new week...and, how I wasted 2 hours on Saturday


Only 17 days until the big boys first Christmas and 16 days until he's 6 months old. He's continuing to grow and find his voice. He's just spent the last 15 minutes telling mom and dad wild tales (or was he singing?). He still seems to have trouble going to sleep and usually winds down around 11:30pm. We hope that changes soon.


So....the little man's Grandma came by on Saturday to baby-sit while mom and dad buggered off to do some shopping and stuff. Well, the shopping was fine, but I decided to convince the wife to go to a matinee. After looking through the paper, for some stupid reason, I drove us to the cheap theater and made us go see Max Payne. Look, I knew before hand that this was not going to be Mark Whalbergs oscar pitch, but I thought there would at least be some fun action and cool effects (especially since this was made from a video game that stylized itself from John Woo flicks). Let me say this....this was one of the worst movies I've seen in a while and I apologize to my wife for wasting 6$ and 2 hours of her life that she can never get back. Usually after movies like this I can find some redeaming quality, and maybe some of the texture of the cinematography was cool, but over all this movie was comparable to what I find in the little mans diapers. It actually makes me a bit mad thinking about it again. So...DO NOT GO TO THIS MOVIE...let's hope Punisher War Zone and The Day The Earth Stood Still are better`;-)

No comments: