Thursday, December 11, 2008

Today


River had another first today. Unfortunately it was his first funeral. It was for a close personal friend of my wife's family and very close friend of River's Grandmother. She passed away on December 8th after a brief battle with cancer. She was only 45. She was way to young to be taken and it is a shame that River will never get to know her. It is days like today that a person needs to put things into perspective and really evaluate the life you lead. Am I smelling the roses enough ? I have a very good friend that came close to death from cancer a few years ago and managed to beat it. He eloquently summed up what he sees in a lot of people by the statement "Our friends aren't living their lives, they're waiting to die". Today has made me realize I need to make some changes in many aspects of my life. You never know when it will be your time, so you might as well LIVE. (The person who passed away is in the photo second from the left....and for those that don't know, the people in the picture are Super Nova Rock Star...and yes, that's Tommy Lee on the left).

No comments: