Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Ian's Voice


As a new father I have noticed that I've become more acutely aware of things that could possibly hurt my boy. In some cases I'm a little paranoid and in other cases maybe not enough. In the end, like any other new dad I really don't know s**t and each day is a learning experience. What I try not to ever think about is the boys mortality; being happy to think that this could never happen to someone so young and innocent. Unfortunately this does happen, and to be honest, I'm not sure what I would do if we lost the boy.
Brook had made me aware of a website which was created by a new Mom and Dad who just went through the horrific experience of losing their new child. And through this, they have found the strength to create a site dedicated to the memory of their boy, and to the hope of spreading awareness of what happened to him to try and stop this from happening again. The child, Ian, died from a reaction to a Hepatitis B shot.
I can't imagine what this family has gone through and I get a lump in my throat when I read the website. My best wishes are for this family.
DO NOT GO TO THIS SITE IF YOU ARE FAINT OF HEART. The story is heart-breaking and they have pictures of little Ian through the ordeal.

No comments: