Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Let the fun begin


As if on cue, the night before we leave for our vacation the little man has decided that maybe it's time to give colic a try. It's like someone in 'baby speak' whispered in his ear that his mom and dad are buggering off on him and he'll have to hang with the grandparents, and 'boob in a bag' for the next 4 days, and that he should do whatever it takes to derail this whole excursion. Unfortunately for him his plans have backfired. Not only has this made me want to jump the plane sooner (wow...that makes me sound like a bad dad...I'm not really...just looking forward to a few days away from work with my wife without the little man so she can unwind) I'm pretty sure this doesn't scare his grandma or grandpa having raised their own little hellions and I'm sure they have a few tricks up their sleeves. Hopefully, this will be fun for both him and the grandparents and we don't come back to 2 sleep deprived, irritable, jumpy people who, when we arrive home, will only be a blur out the door and tire marks on the driveway.

No comments: