Friday, January 9, 2009

Workin on the fly


Finished up my meeting, had lunch at Jack Astor's (the only thing memorable about the meal was the waitresses cleavage that constantly was in the face of one of the people with me...this must have been one of those super push up bra's, I thought at one point they were going to jump out and say 'HI'), and now trying to get an earlier flight but it looks like it's not going to happen.
_
So, I'm hangin' in the Air Canda lounge and am going to try and get some work done. It's pretty quiet in here so I should be able to get something done....and I have a heck of a lot of hours to kill. Thank goodness next week is vacation week. I need a break (yes...the week of work after the Christmas break has already worn me out...poor me).
_
Oh, on the flight here I watched 'Righteous Kill', the overly hyped pairing of De Niro and Pacino (I seem to remeber a commercial saying something to the effect of "not since the god-father 2 have these two acclaimed actors shared the screen'....did they forget HEAT ?). Anyway...De Niro and Pacino play two veteran cop partners that have obviously been together so long that they know when the other guy needs to change his 'depends', who get involved in a case that has someone knocking off bad guys; a serial killer, killing gansters, rapists, drug dealers 'a la' showtimes DEXTER based on a novel 'Darkly Dreaming Dexter' by Jeff Lindsay. This movie has been out for a while so I'm not worried about spoilers here.
_
Very soon into this movie, we see a video of De Niro confessing to the killings (which continues to narrorate throughout the movie) and the two aged cops are joined by the young bucks, NKOTB Donnie Wahlberg and ex-funny man John Lequizamo who very quickly decide that the killer is a cop and possibly De Niro (since he has a connection with each victim). Now...you don't have to be Sherlock to know, the killer is obviously NOT De Niro...it's of course the guy who is over here >I'm waving my left hand off to the side<... In other words, IT'S FREAKIN OBVIOUS !!! The rationale for 'why' is STUPID/LAME...ok...I don't care - spoil away...IT'S PACINO...and he says he started doing it because he lost faith in De Niro when he planted a gun on a guy at the beginning of a movie...this story is crap...ya right, a guy who's been a dedicated cop for 50 years, decides one day (close to retirement of course...'5 days to retirement, I'm getting too old for this s**t' - what movie kids what movie ??) when his partner plants a gun to put a bad guy away that he would become a serial killer.
_
So, the plot is 'uggg'. How's the acting ? Standard. Standard De Niro 'Mad Face..YOU LOOKING AT ME?' acting, and Pacino 'eye's drag the face back and fourth..I'M OUT OF ORDER, YOU'RE OUT OF ORDER, THE WHOLE SYSTEM IS OUT OF ORDER' acting...in other words...they mailed it in. 50 cent [excuse me, fiddy cent] was the only one here putting in a solid effort, and he's only the token rapper black guy gangster in the movie for 8 minutes (not much to work with or expand upon but he's ah-ite)
_
The other actors are just filler. (Carla Gugino's rough sex CSI was at most just along as the token female cop and De Niro Sex Partner and only used to I.D. Pacino...which was kind of dumb...cause now the 50 year vet who has become a serial killer is now a rapist too)
_
If you haven't seen it, don't bother unless you're a Pacino and De Niro fan...and then only watch it if you're on a plane or it's the only thing on T.V. and you happen to be in a full body cast and can't change the channel.
_
I started watching 'Traitor' after the 'Captain Shakespeare' and 'Willy Bank' mess [if you didn't catch that, I was referring to De Niro in Stardust...puke...and Pacino in Ocean's 13...drive heave].
Traitor is a FBI/Terrorist flick with Don Cheadle and Guy Pierce. I only made it about 33% in so I intend to watch it on the way home...so far so good. Interesting. I'll let you know after I watch it.
_
That's it for now....time to get a coke and smile, and do some work.
laters

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Get a coke?? Get a coke??? Why not a nice herbal tea? or soda and lime? or Japanese Sencha tea? or, I dunno...just plain H20?

The H's said...

because it's not a coke...or a smile ;-)