Monday, September 28, 2009

Castle


I'm a big fan of the post Buffy / Angel campy humor shows. David Boreanaz ended up on Bones (which has it's moments) and Nathan Fillion (good Alberta boy) has his own show Castle. He plays Rick Castle, a famous horror writer that hangs out with a hot detective to gather info for new books (and helps solve crimes along the way). The show so far has me hooked, but just barely. I like Fillion. I've liked him since his stint on 2 guys and a pizza place with Ryan Reynolds (really like him on Firefly). He has great comedic chops and has the right look/act for the cocky writer. The writing on the show seems to be getting better, adding the right amount of 'silly' when it's needed. I'm not a fan of the 'hot' detective...I think they could have looked a little harder for someone...with a bit more acting talent. I hope the writing continues to get better/funnier like Buffy and Angel, and Castle goes on to making Fillion $$$$ (I hope Stephen King gets a cameo).

No comments: