Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Next Vacation ?

With 2010 fast approaching, I'm finding that I need to plan farther ahead than just a month or so. It's no secret I have itchy feet; no sooner do I get home I want/need to go somewhere new. It's pretty safe to say that the remainder of December we'll be home (quick trip to see the family at Christmas but that's only a couple hours drive....there is a slight chance I may have to get on a plane, but I think that chance will be deferred to January...and that's work related).

The wife and I had discussed New Zealand and Australia....but If we do that, we would plan to make it a minimum of 3 weeks. And the question of whether we take Mr. Man comes up. He was ok with a 45 minute flight to Victoria, but a 16-18 stretch over the Pacific might be another thing (I would foresee lots of screaming...he just can't sit still...busy busy busy).

We have a couple weddings to attend in 2010 but they're local (1 in BC 1 in AB).

So. Where do we go ? Here's a list of possibles. Any recommendations would be great (keep in mind we'd like to drag the kid along, so boozy trips to Mexico, while possible, would be lower on the list).

  • New Zealand
  • Australia
  • Italy (we've been, but i NEED to go back...ah...Venice)
  • Switzerland
  • Quebec City / Montreal
  • L.A. (a return visit is MANDATORY!)
  • Las Vegas (already have stuff paid for, just need to pick the dates, and we wouldn't take the boy)
  • Somewhere Hot.....Hawaii ?

That's just a few off the top of my head. Road trips aren't out of the question either.

Let me know what you think.

No comments: