Tuesday, December 8, 2009

X-Box 720 ?

What is the life expectancy of a gaming console these days? 3 years ? 5 years ? The original X-Box was introduced in 2001 and discontinued in 2006. X-Box 360 was introduced in 2005. If we follow the trend, it's life should be over next year. So...will the rumors of X-Box 720 be true (see concept sketch above) ? Who knows...All I know is I'll be forking out the $$$$ when the boy is old enough to know what they are and what they do (funny thing, when the boy does ask, I'll be in my car before he knows what's happening, mostly cause I WANT a new one...and I can't wait until he asks). I just hope that this happens when the new console is introduced (I'd hate to pay the $$$ and then 1 year later hear " DAAAAAAAAD...Can we get the new >insert game name here<..PUH-LEEEEEEEEEEASE ! the old one sucks").

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

what to do tonight after hockey? play a game with the xbox 360 or ps3, or maybe watch a high definition movie via the 360 or ps3?


Powell

P.S. don' have either, get both.... wife won't let you.. just say it will keep you busy....playing tiger woods golf, rather than playing tiger woods in the pub's.