Thursday, February 25, 2010
Wednesday, February 24, 2010
Tuesday, February 23, 2010
anyway...I can't be specific because I'm not entirely sure who reads this, but let's just say that the people I was directing the negative thoughts at with my 'greasy sales people' post have not left well enough alone....and this time someone bit back. [side note, it's funny what you can find on the Internet and what you can buy for 4.99$]
Who knows if it will amount to anything, but just the fact that someone stood up and said 'F**K YOU!' is awesome !
How's that for a post about nothing ?....Larry David would be proud
Monday, February 22, 2010
i was driving to work the other day down a long stretch that is normally 90kmph. I was doing roughly about 60kmph since the fog was super thick and the road had that look...the look like it was covered in ice. All of a sudden there are stopped cars in front of me and police so I hit the brakes and even at 60kmph I slid a bit. Nothing crazy and I slowed down and stopped (in other words, 60 was the right speed to be at). I pulled up and the young RC told me there were big trucks in the ditch up ahead and I had to turn around. Also, there was a big tanker trailer trying to turn around and it was blocking the entire highway. While he was talking to me I'll bet he might have thought I was rude, because I wasn't looking at him....I was staring in my rear view mirror. Why ? Because I know people are stupid....I figured, if I was doing 60 and had to be careful when I was slowing down...what if someone was doing 90 or more....
and sure enough....as if on cue....lights came blazing out of the fog and I was watching a Lexus SUV coming straight at me. I glanced at the RC and his eyes were wide and he was yelling at me to get moving and get to the left. As I started to move I could see that the dude driving the SUV had recognized what was going on and did what dummies do...he slammed on his breaks...his SUV started to fish tail and he steered it toward the ditch and he flew down the ditch, passed us and went up a dirt road embankment and....GOT AIR...i kid you not....it was like the duke boys had upgraded. OK...it's not like he was 10 ft in the air, but he left the ground and slammed down on the other side...HARD. The RC was pissed and ran over to the car (he had to call an ambulance cause the asshole had hurt his back...and face from the airbag) and yelled at the dude. I had to stick around to fill out a statement 'cause the dude probably got a ticket for driving with undue care and attention. (RC told me had almost been hit 2 times that morning....he needed more LEDs and brighter vest)
If I hadn't been looking in the rear view and had dude not hit the ditch I would be in the hospital...or dead. Also, if dude hadn't hit the ditch and I got out of the way, he would have gone straight into the tanker trailer killing himself.
I seem to be a magnate for this stuff on 84th street SE. Last Friday a dude in front of me had his hitch break off and his camper trailer took off into the next lane into on coming traffic...a Semi no less...thank the gods it hit the ditch before the Semi passed (I'm talking seconds) or I would have got it through my windshield....i wonder if i have a cat's nine lives ? If so, I can't have many left...my misspent youth used up a number of them.
I'll be happy when the ice and snow is gone and spring has sprung...
Sunday, February 21, 2010
Saturday, February 20, 2010
Friday, February 19, 2010
I don't think ol Boba would be caught dead in a pair of these....
Oh well, I have no idea what to expect from the new TV series. We'll see if they try to jump on the Battlestar band wagon (stargate did and I don't think it's helped their new series...is it still on?).
On a big screen note, I'll be trying to go see The Wolfman, Shutter Island, and a few others over the next little while. And of course, impatiently waiting for the new Tron movie....I think it will kick some series ass in 3D !
Wednesday, February 17, 2010
- I need more long weekends
- Trying to plan one final trip before the sequel arrives
- Changes coming for 2010....more on that later
- Olympics ! GO CANADA GO ! More gold please !
- What's with the fog??...I was almost rear ended by a dude doing 90kms....dude almost hit me and an RCMP officer standing next to my car....what a jackass.
- My brand new laptop is screwed....taking it in tomorrow to see if they can fix it...stupid Vista
- changed over to Shaw so anyone who has my telus email address, it won't work after tonight
- Watched 2012, Law Abiding Citizen and GI Joe....all forgettable
- Waiting for the men's hockey game against the US on Sunday....should be a good battle
- Big boy is using more words and actually communicating (I think he said 'I'm Dirty' the other day referring to the nasty business in his diaper)
- LOST was kinda boring last night
- Went and saw WILCO last night...they put on a good show, although i think they end too many songs with the jumble loud mash of noise
- Ball hockey tonight....legs are feeling better every week.
- That's it for now....
Friday, February 12, 2010
Thursday, February 11, 2010
Tuesday, February 9, 2010
Thursday, February 4, 2010
Back to Denver. I'll be staying at one of the W's ALOFT hotels. I've never stayed at one before. It looks to be a hip modern place. I've stayed in W's in the past and really liked them although the prices have really started to skyrocket. There are a couple neat places to eat at downtown that we frequented when we were doing a project there a year or so ago (we practically lived there for a month) I'll try to hit a couple places of note.
Monday, February 1, 2010
- For some reason I have an urge to see crappy movies....look out Pandorum, you're next
- I have hate for people who use your for you're
- I have low expectations for the Canadian Hockey Team....I will still cheer though
- I hope Castle has legs
- I think my boy gets cuter every day he gets older (i'm somewhat biased)
- I hope 'Imma' doesn't catch on...but I don't think I can hold onto this one
- I still have not seen Avatar.....yet
- I JUST started watching 24
- Thank the gods Calgary traded Phanoooooof
- Why do some people stop at a corner that has a merge lane ?
- Am I the only person who understands who goes first at a 4 way stop ?
- Don't get me started on traffic circles in Calgary...people are dumbfounded...I'm surprised there aren't more collisions
- Why are they letting jackass attention whores into the Haiti airport when they should only be letting in proper aid ?
- I was pretty unimpressed with the iPad
- i think www.wwtdd.com is hilarious
- I'm excited for the new Tron Movie
- Food poisoning sucks
- Ball hockey kicks ass
- This is a lame post
- Leonardo's new flicks look cool
- Number 2 is almost here....only 5 months
- 2010 will be full of changes