Friday, February 19, 2010

Upcoming Geek Stuff




Is it me or has there been a real lack of news about the upcoming Star Wars live action TV show ? Could it be that possibly they're taking it serious and are putting some effort into it ? Something tells me no....Lucas is probably locked away thinking of new ways to market the f**k out of it and ring a few more bucks from us nerdy saps. For example, have you seen the new Star Wars shoe lines ? Here's one...the Boba Fett high Tops....lame...



I don't think ol Boba would be caught dead in a pair of these....


Oh well, I have no idea what to expect from the new TV series. We'll see if they try to jump on the Battlestar band wagon (stargate did and I don't think it's helped their new series...is it still on?).

On a big screen note, I'll be trying to go see The Wolfman, Shutter Island, and a few others over the next little while. And of course, impatiently waiting for the new Tron movie....I think it will kick some series ass in 3D !


I've also heard that the new Hobbit flick will be in 3D...that could be cool. I think it should already have a pretty neat look since Del Toro is taking over the directing. He has a unique vision that is all his own.
I have no idea what to expect with Green Lantern....there's word that it will be dark (everyone wants everything dark these days ??). And of course the new Wolverine...i have such low expectations for that one since they ef'd up the first one so bad (I know I know....I'm a broken record about this, but really ? It was soooooo bad )
Time to go find out what the sequel is....( for those that don't know, the sequel = the new addition to the family in July)
word

No comments: