Thursday, April 8, 2010

And so it begins

I made it to the airport with a lift from a friend who happened to be in the city (he was playing poker until the wee hours). Now I've got about an hour and twenty until I board so it's work time. But first.... Breaky.

Yes, breakfast at the airport. There is nothing better (sarcasm). What's on the menu today? A sausage thingy from Harveys. Let's just say they're not winning any awards for what I'm eating.

Just a note before I go shovel the slop down my throat. I tell my wife wherever I go I always run into people I know. I figure it's because I'm such a swell guy I've met a lot of people over the years. She thinks I'm full of it (although she recognizes this to be true....she has heard on a number of trips 'are you...?')
Well, while standing in line I saw a guy I used to work with about 15 years ago. He happens to be off for a week to New York and stayed last night at a pals place near the airport. The trend continues.
More updates later.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments: