Sunday, April 18, 2010

Kick Ass


Went and saw Kick Ass tonight. I'd have to say that this was one of the best comic book movies I've seen yet. It captured the actual book 100% (yes, I have read it....I own them actually). All the actors were bang on. Even....this is hard for me to say....Nick Cage. I cringed when I saw that he was in this, but he was very very good !

I enjoyed his Adam West impression....possibly I was the only one to get it ? I'm sure that's who he was channeling when he was Big Daddy.

Also, there's no doubt that the star of this movie is Chloe Moretz as Hit Girl. She steals the movie when she's bouncing around like a Jackie Chan Yoda handing out the hurt to all the bad guys.

I would recommend this flick to those who like the comic/ultra violent/comedy genre. But it's not for everyone...some people really get their backs up when they see/hear an 11 year old call a bunch of thugs 'c**ts'....yes, you heard right.


And, GOOD GOD, why do I always seem to get to sit next to the person who should not be allowed to go see movies on opening weekend ? I get Mr. Chatty Comment About the Movie Guy. At least he made most of his noise when the entire theater was laughing...but really dude ? Why don't you just stay home...there's a reason your daughters sat away from you when they came in.....

No comments: