Wednesday, May 5, 2010

2010 Travel

Travel becomes a little more interesting when you have a toddler and a baby in tow. Out goes the late nights in the clubs and pubs, in comes the early mornings and early nights...in bed by 8ish.

I know people travel with their kids all the time and I'm following a couple blogs on the subject, but I still get apprehensive. Long flights...I don't think Captain Busy would sit still for a flight to China, let alone the UK or Toronto for that matter. Also, when I travel I like to have the freedom to do what I want when I want and go where I want at whatever time I want. But, I guess those days are done...or at least on hold for a few years.

The destinations will have to be more kid friendly over the next 10 years or so. The usuals in about 6-8 years like Disney and Universal or Six Flags. Camping. Short road trips. At least until they can sit still on a plane.

All that being said...let's have a look at some possible travel for 2010...

  • Las Vegas in June (work trip)
  • Possibly New York (Long Island) in Aug (work trip)
  • Canmore (Oct Wedding)
  • Whitefish (May)
  • Sicamous (Sept Wedding)
  • BC Interior throughout summer
  • Nashville in June (work trip)

looks like I'm a little light on the 'family' trips for 2010....since the sequel is due in July the rest of the year will be mostly hangin' at home and/or trips to the BC interior to 'the lake'. That's not so bad, the deck could use a serious work out...meaning, my ass in a lawn chair, BBQ going nonstop and a bucket with ice and beverage next to me....Let's hope we get some good weather.

2011 will start of with a bang though with a wedding in a hot location...at first it was possibly Hawaii, but I think it will be down south...Mexico...Costa Rica...or somewhere nearby.

I want to take 1 long trip in 2011 with the entire family so I'll be looking for suggestions for a great place to visit with a 1 & 3 year old (I'm thinking Spain, or Italy...possibly rent a villa for a few weeks and just relax)

No comments: