Monday, May 10, 2010

Frickin Frackin

Yes....life just won't make it easy for the people trying to save money. Last night, while enjoying an evening Internet surf and an episode of True Blood, I heard a pop and looked up to see the top half of the image on my flat screen gone...black...

At first I thought this was part of the show...but no. My fairly brand spankin' new 52" Plasma screen is effed up ! (when i say fairly new, we bought it about 2.5 years ago from the States when the Canadian Dollar was at 1.06 or so).

Of course, the warranty is up and as far as I can see from checking online the video card might be screwed so, unless i want to pay someone 600+ for a new card and god knows how much more to replace and do the work....I need a new TV.

Damn...this new technology is CRAP ! Computers flake out after a year or so (my 3 year old laptops mother board fried and my new one had a screwed hard drive), cell phones die (I seem to get a good year and a half out of a phone then they just die), and now TV's. They seem to be made to be consumables and definitely NOT long lasting.

Well....we may just suck it up with the old TV for a while...it's really aggravating since we just moved the big one into the main room at Easter.

What a pain....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

if you find a cheap video card online via ebay or craigslist. just go to youtube there is probably a how to replace video on there


powell

Anonymous said...

I'll have to take the damn thing apart this weekend.....oh well, if it can save me from buying a new one I'll do it