Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Where did summer go ?

This had to be the worst year for weather. While I don't mind rainy days, we had too many overcast low temp crap weeks. I barely got a farmer tan this year. And now ? SNOW....wtf...

This makes us really want to push the move into high gear. We're still planning on saying 'good bye' to this place sometime within the next 4 years....but, to where ?

Sicamous and Salmon Arm seemed nice and average Jan temp is between 0 and -10...that is do-able...although it can feel pretty closed in out the in the winter (grey skies and mountains all around). Who knows...if this winter is what the farmers almanac predicts we may do some serious looking come Feb.

A couple updates:
- We're freakin' busy at work....I'll be doing a bit more travel to round off the year...possibly New York and Chicago...unlikely but maybe China again (we'll see over the next month)
- Little big man has now decided that bed time is the devil. I think it has to do with all the disruptions from the summer...we have to get him back on track because I'm going to start having hallucinations from sleep deprivation pretty soon.....[as I nod to the flying blue cat next to me]
- #2 is growing nicely....still has an issue with the puking but he's getting bigger (not a beast like his brother but still a big boy). He's also a smiling machine [pictures to come]
- I now own a loser cruiser......yes....I did what i said I wouldn't....oh well....the only consolation is I got an awesome deal on it.
- I haven't seen a movie for quite some time so I'll need to play hooky in the next couple weeks to catch up....although, there doesn't seem to be that many I want to see right now....and I heard Devil sucked....

I just received 2 free tee times for golf in town....I wonder if the weather will hold out so I can get 1 round in this year....

and....

I'll leave you with this....


No comments: