Sunday, December 19, 2010

I don't care who knows it....I like Ben Affleck

I like Ben Affleck. Yes, that's right. Not as much as I like Brad Pitt, but he's a close second. I like the fact that this guy has done his time doing all sorts of shit movies and has now become a 'Film Maker'. He's now hit that point where he can do quality movies and not have to do shite scripts so he can eat. (it is true that he was in He's Not That Into You last year....I'm hoping this is the last time he shows up in that kind of crap)

Gone Baby Gone was a fantastic directorial debut, not to mention script (I don't count I killed my lesbian wife, hung her on a hook, and now I have a 3 picture deal with Disney as his first since he was like 20 and I can't believe they took it that serious)

I just watched The Town the other night. This one he was the main character, director and shared writing on the screenplay. As far as I'm concerned, another home run. Not as good as Gone Baby Gone but damn close. Any movie that has this line in it kicks ass

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Doug MacRay: I need your help. I can't tell you what it is, you can never ask me about it later, and we're gonna hurt some people.
James Coughlin: ...Whose car we takin'?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you haven't seen Gone Baby Gone or The Town, rent them now...they are both great flicks !

No comments: