Tuesday, February 1, 2011

The last man-cation...... ?


The question mark adds a lot to a sentence that says....'the last'....much like the end of the 1980's Flash Gordon...when it said THE END....and then a question mark appeared.....hmmmm.....ominous


Well, for now, the last man-cation will be on March 16th in London...just in time for Saint Patrick's Day. I know I know, you would think I'd go to Ireland...but I started these in England I'll finish them there.


So, why the question mark you ask ? Mostly, because I believe [strongly] that they will begin again...in some fashion....once the boys get older. And when they hit 18, I'll take them on their first man-cation. [to the UK of course].


So...when will they be 'old enough' to allow ol' dad to go visit pubs across the pond ? That is the unknown part...it's a game of wait and see. Mom will need her own mom-cation I'm sure...her last one was with a friend to San Fran and that seems like a distant memory now.


So, this means I have to enjoy the s**t outta this one ! No, burning a day away with headaches from the night gone by....no early nights....no late mornings...this one will be a marathon...each morning filled with a proper fry up (and a stout ?), afternoons with pints, fish and chips and miles put on the feet, and nights of pints, chit chat with locals (try to get to the #MEATEASY...see previous post), and pictures of pubs...AND DAMMIT, THIS TIME I'M GETTING MY SUNDAY ROAST !!!! The last few trips we've hummed and hawed from pub to pub and then by the time we wanted to sit and eat, the damn things were done.


I will do my best to document this one on the fly...as I recall we came across numerous pubs with free wireless so i should be able to log on and download the pics...


It's now Feb 1st, so only a month an a half until we're underway....

No comments: